WHAT DOES Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Forsyth County, Inc
DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
• Social Security Number and information we received from you orally or in writing on your application
• Information we receive from your creditors and others including credit and/or housing
• Transactions and your credit report information
All financial companies need to share non-public personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their non-public personal information; the reasons CCCS of Forsyth County chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does CCCS Forsyth County share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
For nonaffiliates to market to you
To limit our sharing
• Call 336-896-1191 - our menu will prompt you through your choice(s) or
• Visit us online: www.cccsforsyth.org
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 3 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
CCCS Forsyth County is a nonprofit financial education organization helping families achieve financial stability and self sufficiency.
What we do
How does CCCS Forsyth County protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
All information shared with our counselors, whether in writing or orally, will be managed in a legal and ethical manner.
How does CCCS Forsyth County collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
• receive credit counseling or attend financial education class
• receive SFC® counseling or complete DMP application
We may disclose some or all of your non-public information to 3rd parties as needed to provide you with our services.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
• sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
• affiliates from using your information to market to you
• sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. CCCS Forsyth complies with all NC and Federal laws.
What happens if I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
CCCS Forsyth would be limited in its ability to provide agency financial education and counseling services to the client seeking our help.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• CCCS Forsyth County is a private nonprofit corporation and has no affiliate relationships related by common ownership or control.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
• CCCS Forsyth County works with all financial service and mortgage companies as part of its delivery of financial counseling and education services, helping families achieve financial stability.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
• CCCS Forsyth County has no agreement with nonaffiliated financial companies regarding marketing of financial products or services.
Other important information
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Forsyth County (*CCCS-FC) is committed to protecting the privacy of information you share with us. All information shared with our financial counselors and/or educators, whether in writing or orally, will be managed in a legal and ethical manner. Your personal financial information will not be shared with third parties except as needed to provide you with our services, as permitted or required by law, or with your specific authorization.